Adtoniq’s One-click Consent™ lets your users opt in to seeing your ads with one click or tap on the bottom of your website. Because this is quicker, simpler, and safer than disabling their ad blocker, you’ll get more people opting in to seeing more ads on your site, which translates into more revenue for you. And because you’re respecting your ad block users, you won’t find them fighting you.
You’ll need to create a message to display to your ad block users. The exact message you choose depends on the demographics of your website, and whether you want to restore Google Analytics, AdSense, or both. The steps below lead you through this process.
Enable Adtoniq messaging
When you first install Adtoniq, messaging is disabled. To enable Adtoniq messaging:
- Go to the Adtoniq plugin page on your WordPress server.
- Click on the Messaging tab on the top left of the page.
- Click the Enable alert button – it should turn green.
Who sees your Adtoniq messaging?
The group of people who see your Adtoniq messaging depends on whether you are restoring Google Analytics, AdSense, or both. You select this group using the Show the message for buttons.
If you only want to restore AdSense, choose Users blocking ads. For an example of a website using this approach, check out this website. If you want to restore both ads and Google Analytics, choose Users blocking ads and analytics.
Enter your greeting message
This is the message that the group of users you selected above will see. You can use either the Visual editor, or the Text editor if you want to use raw HTML. Here are some examples to get you going:
- We rely on ads to fund our free content. Please support us by allowing ads.
- We rely on ads to fund our site. Please support us by allowing ads.
- Please opt in to allow ads for the best content experience.
- Ads allow us to bring you the content you love. Please opt in to support our free content.
- We love what we do, by opting in, we can continue to do so.
Enter confirm message
This is the message your users will see after opting in to to your messaging. Find the Select message to edit pulldown menu and choose Confirm message. Then enter the text users will see after opting in.
- Thanks for your support!
- Thank you for opting in.
- Thank you!
- Thank you – we appreciate your support!
More messaging options
Adtoniq has more messaging options available than described here. For the full set of available options, see the Adtoniq Messaging documentation.
Next Tutorial: Content Protection